This document contains the Terms of Service and Privacy Policies associated with the SlipStream service.
BY CHECKING THE “I AGREE” BUTTON DURING REGISTRATION AND/OR ACCESSING THIS SERVICE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE YOU WILL NOT BE GIVEN ACCESS TO USE THE SERVICE.
SixSq Sarl (“SixSq”), hosts this website (the “Site”) on its SlipStream environment (the “Software”). The Software and all information, communications, documentation, scripting, images, graphics and other materials and services found on the Site (collectively, the “Service”) is for the use of registered developers, employees and other authorized users of the Site, but only for the purpose of software development, integration, deployment and testing.
Subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Terms of Service (“TOS”), SixSq grant user (“You”) an individual, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license (the “License”) to use the Service offered through the Site, including the Software. Upon termination of these TOS for any reason, the License will terminate, and You will cease to have access to the Service. Any rights not expressly granted herein by SixSq are reserved.
You acknowledge and agree that You will not, directly or indirectly: (i) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the underlying source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of the Software; (ii) modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the Software; (iii) rent, lease, distribute, sell, resell or assign, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software; or (iv) remove any proprietary notices in the Software.
You acknowledge and agree that the Software includes the valuable proprietary and trade secret information and property of SixSq or its licensors. Title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyright and patent rights in the Software shall remain in SixSq and/or its licensors. You acknowledge the ownership and intellectual property rights of SixSq and will not take any action to jeopardize, limit or interfere in any manner with SixSq’s or its licensors’ ownership of or rights with respect to the Software. The Software is protected by copyright law and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties.
This Site may contain other license(s) applicable to content on this Site (“Other License(s)”). You agree to abide by the terms of any such Other License(s). In the event of any conflict between certain provisions of the Other License(s) and the TOS, the applicable provisions of the Other License(s) shall prevail.
You may only use the Site and the Service offered through the Site in accordance with SixSq use policy (“Use Policy”), as set forth in this section. You are responsible for the content of any comments, information, questions, data, computer code or programs, feedback, ideas, descriptions of processes or other information submitted through the Site by You. You may only submit to the Site content that is (i) owned by You, (ii) submitted with the express permission of the owner, or (iii) in the public domain. In addition, all material posted to the Site by You must be relevant to the specified software development project and must be in good taste as determined by common sense and the most restrictive community standards. The Site may not be used to:
- upload, post or otherwise transmit any data or content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, any SixSq official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that You do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that violates any law or violates the personal, proprietary, or intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party;
- upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another;
- collect or store personal data about other users; or
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual. This may include, but is not limited to, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs and other weapons.
SixSq does not prescreen content that is posted to the Site; however, SixSq reserves the right to remove any content that fails to meet the foregoing Use Policy and to revoke your account. SixSq further reserves the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of this Use Policy, and to take any appropriate action, including, without limitation, reporting and providing information of any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties, including disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such person or entities relating to user profiles, e-mail addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses and traffic information.
To comment on this Use Policy or to report material or conduct that You believe is inappropriate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the Switzerland and foreign authorities, including, without limitation, laws regarding the transmission of technical data, such as encryption, exported from Switzerland or from the country in which You reside. You agree not to export, re-export or import the Software or any direct product thereof in violation of any such restrictions, laws or regulations, or without all necessary authorizations.
Registration is required for you to use the Service. You must provide certain current, complete, and accurate information about yourself as prompted to do so by the registration form (“Registration Data”), and maintain and update such registration information as required to keep such information current, complete and accurate. You warrant that the Registration Data is accurate and current, and that You are authorized to provide such Registration Data. You authorize us to verify your Registration Data at any time. If any Registration Data that You provide is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, SixSq retain the right, in their sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your rights to use the Service.
At the time of registration, You must provide the Site with your full first and last name, the name of your organization, if any, your username and your valid e-mail address. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. Further, you might be required to provide cloud credentials for using Third Party Cloud Providers (see Section 9) the Site uses (e.g. Amazon Web Service, StratusLab) as back-end. You agree to (i) immediately notify SixSq of any unauthorized use of your password or account or cloud credentials or any other breach of security, and (ii) ensure that You exit from your account at the end of each session. SixSq cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 7.
SixSq and the SlipStream logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of SixSq Sarl (the “SixSq Marks”) in Europe and other countries. You agree not to display or use the SixSq Marks in any manner without SixSq’s prior written permission.
SixSq is committed to respecting the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask You do the same. SixSq may, in their sole discretion, terminate the accounts or access rights of users who violate the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement on our Site, please deliver the following information to SixSq’ Copyright Agent:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- A description of the copyrighted work that You claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that You claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number and e-mail address so that we can contact you;
- A statement by You that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice to us is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
The Copyright Agent can be contacted by postal mail at SixSq Sarl Rue du Bois-du-Lan, 1217, Meyrin, Geneva, Switzerland or by email at email@example.com.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS FROM SIXSQ. SIXSQ MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARDS TO THE SERVICE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, SIXSQ DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND/OR NONINFRINGMENT. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK OF SELECTION AND USE OF THE SERVICE AVAILABLE AT THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SIXSQ MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (iv) THE CONTENT OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE IS COMPLETE, ACCURATE OR AVAILABLE.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU FROM SIXSQ OR THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
SIXSQ AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, OFFICERS AND ASSIGNS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF USE OR OF DATA, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS OR GOODWILL, OR OTHER INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS AND WHETHER OR NOT THEY HAD ANY KNOWLEDGE, ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE, THAT SUCH DAMAGES MIGHT BE INCURRED. THIS EXCLUSION INCLUDES ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU.
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH SIXSQ IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE IS TO CEASE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 12 AND 13 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless SixSq and their respective shareholders, affiliates, employees, agents, successors, officers, and assigns, from any suits, losses, claims, demands, liabilities, costs and expenses (including attorney and accounting fees) that they may sustain or incur as a result of your use of the Service.
You agree that SixSq may, at their sole discretion, deny You access to the Site and disable any user name and password associated with You for any reason, including, without limitation, if SixSq believe that You have violated or acted inconsistently with the terms and conditions of the TOS. SixSq reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service offered through the Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that SixSq shall not be liable to You or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Notices to You may be made via e-mail. SixSq may also provide notices to You by displaying notices or links to notices on the Site.